Surgical Trainee Presentations – Submit an Abstract
SECTION OF SURGERY TRAINEE PRESENTATIONS
Applications are invited from trainees or non career grade surgeons, within the area served by the Manchester Medical Society to present at the Manchester Medical Society Surgical Trainees’ Presentation Evening.
Please note the following regulations/procedures:
- Submissions will be considered in the form of work carried out with a major contribution from the SpR. The work may be original research or Audit project.
- Abstracts will be anonymised for shortlisting.
- The criteria for short-listing will be as follows:
- Clarity of presentation including the importance of the work.
- Scientific and clinical value
- In the case of an Audit project, a demonstration of the importance of the Audit and its implications for future practice is required.
- Presentation of the shortlisted papers will be judged on the same criteria, in addition to the clarity of presentation and answers to questions from judges and members of the audience in selecting the best presentation.
The competitor should submit a summary of no longer than 300 words (as a word document). A statement indicating whether the work has been presented elsewhere or has been submitted for presentation or publication must also accompany the submission which should be emailed to the Administrator at email@example.com by the CLOSING DATE OF 9TH FEBRUARY 2021.
Presentation of the short-listed papers will be presented by the authors at an online Zoom meeting of the Section of Surgery on Tuesday 9th March 2021 at 7.00 pm. Members of the Council of the Section of Surgery, and Training Programme Directors will act as adjudicators.