Anaesthesia Trainee’s Prize Presentations supported by the North West School of Anaesthesia
Eight presentations were given as part of the recent all-day meeting of the Manchester Medical Society Section of Anaesthesia.
- Dr Mohammed Akuji – “Use of hydrogen peroxide in surgery – the end is nigh”
- Dr Sam Desbruslais – “Paediatric Fluid Fasting”
- Dr Sophie Kreppel – “The perils of mucositis: A difficult intubation”
- Dr Yusra Qamar – “Assessing long term compliance of documentation following the introduction of a CVC insertion proforma”
- Dr Cliff Shelton – “What is a good anaesthetic for hip fracture repair?”
- Dr Catriona Stewart – “A trauma case that could have ended in Torsades..”
- Dr Vinayak Vanjari – “Anaesthetic management of myasthenia gravis in coronary artery bypass grafting”
- Dr Beth Whetton – “Evaluation of reusable and disposable bronchoscopes by user preference when performing simulated broncho-alveolar lavage on a manikin”
All presentations were of a high standard. The judges awarded Dr Cliff Shelton First Prize of a cheque for £250 and Dr Sam Desbruslais and Dr Beth Whetton were judged JOINT RUNNER UP and each received a cheque for £50.00.