Alan Hilton Presentations – Submit an Abstract
Applications are invited from members of the Section of Odontology for the annual Alan Hilton Presentations which were initiated in 1986 by the Section of Odontology to commemorate the late Alan Hilton who was a member of the Section for thirty-four years, becoming President of the Section in 1959 and President of the Manchester Medical Society in 1968. The names of the winners are inscribed on a board at the University of Manchester Dental School.
The papers selected will be presented by the authors at an evening meeting on Tuesday 2nd February 2021. This is an opportunity for younger members of the Section to gain experience in the presentation of papers. Papers on dental research subjects are invited from General Dental Practitioners, Community Dentists, Hospital Practitioners, Staff Grade, SHO’s and University Dentists (up to and including the grade of Specialist Registrar and Lecturer).
Applications forms for membership of the Society can be obtained and completed online at http://www.mms.org.uk/join/
- Abstracts should fit onto a single A4 sheet of paper when printed.
- The abstract should be sent as a word document, not as a PDF
- The title (typed in capital letters) should be followed by the name(s) and address(es) of the author(s) with the presenting author underlined.
- The content should include an introduction, methods, results & conclusion.
- Abstracts should be sent by email to email@example.com by the closing date of 18th December 2020.
- The work must have been undertaken in the North West Region and have been undertaken by the entrant. Research work previously entered for other meetings or prizes will be accepted. Previous entrants and past winners may apply.
The Council of the Section will consider the summaries and select up papers to be presented. The presentation should be ten minutes long and will be followed by five minutes of questions and discussion.