Events & MeetingsBecome a member
Theme: Gambling and Gaming Addictions
- Date: Wednesday 30th September 2020 from 2.00-5.00 pm (Coffee & Registration from 1.30 pm)
- Venue: Manchester Dental Education Centre (MANDEC), Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester, M15 6FH
- Members from £0.00
- Non Members £25-60
Registration & Coffee
2.00 pm- 5.00 p,
Speakers to include:
Professor Iracema Leroi, Associate Professor of Geriatric Psychiatry, Trinity College Dublin; Consultant Psychiatrist, St James’s Hospital Dublin and Honorary Professor of Psychiatry, University of Manchester
“Mind and movement: Motivation disorders in Parkinson’s disease”
This presentation will outline how Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a complex and multi-faceted neuropsychiatric disorder associated with high rates of cognitive and psychiatric complications such as dementia, psychosis, anxiety, depression and motivation disorders. The focus will be on the spectrum of motivation disorders, ranging from apathy to impulse control behaviours (ICBs).
At the end of this talk, delegates will:
- Understand the spectrum of motivation disorders that may present in people with neurodegenerative movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease
- Be able to describe the risk factors for the development of impulse control disorders (ICD) in Parkinson’s disease
- Appreciate the distinctions between ‘hypomotivation’ disorders (i.e. apathy) and ‘hypermotivation’ disorders (i.e. ICDs) as they pertain to Parkinson’s disease.