Events & MeetingsBecome a member
Symposium theme: Changes in Teaching & Training; plus Trainee Presentations
- Date: Tuesday 23rd February 2021 - all day meeting
- Venue: Zoom meeting
- Members £0.00
- Non Members £
All day meeting to be held online via zoom – with a break to have lunch. Details of how to register and any charges will be listed as soon as confirmed.
Morning speakers to include:
Changes to the RCoA curriculum – Dr Claudia Moran
The Generation Game – why are they so different?
Dr Richard Marks, Consultant Anaesthetist, Royal Free Hospital, London
- To understand how the attitudes and culture of different generations have evolved and developed, and to understand the way that different generations view the world.
- To understand the different cultural and behavioural attitudes of different generations within the workplace and appreciate how an understanding of these differences can avoid conflict.
- To understand how patients of different ages/generations behave and expect to be treated.
Theme: catastrophes work and the importance of mentorship in dealing with catastrophes on a personal level – Nancy Redfern
Trainee’s Prize Presentations supported by the North West School of Anaesthesia – Click for details of how to enter
INVITATIONAL LECTURE by Professor Simon Carley “Teaching and Learning in a Virtual World”
- Understand how the choice of media influences learning outcomes
- Be able to optimise online environments for effective learning
- Be able to develop interactive online learning events