Events & MeetingsBecome a member
SURGERY TRAINEE PRESENTATION EVENING – DAY 2
- Date: Wednesday 10th March 2021 from 7.00 pm
- Venue: Zoom meeting
- Members £0.00
- Non Members £
This meeting is being held over two evenings, Tuesday 9th March and Wednesday 10th March and is FREE for all to attend.
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining both meetings.
We have had a great response to the Section of Surgery Trainee Presentations this year – with 10 really good quality abstracts submitted. The Council unanimously agreed that all trainees should be given the opportunities to present their work and research and the zoom webinar platform has made it possible to hold the evet over two evening. The winner will be announced on the second night, Wednesday 10th March 2021.
- BASIM ALJALABNEH – Peritoneal recurrence following appendicectomy for perforated low-grade mucinous appendiceal neoplasms: evaluation of a dual strategy of watch-and-wait and risk-reducing cytoreductive surgery and heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy
- EMMA BLOWER – A hypercoagulant tumour microenvironment promotes breast cancer progression, with effects inhibited by anticoagulants
- CAROLINE BYRNE – Does Anal Sphincter Physiology Improve After Rectal Prolapse Surgery? – A Pilot Study with Anal Acoustic Reflectometry and Anorectal Manometry
- ISHAAN MAITRA – Attenuated total reflection Fourier-transform infrared spectral discrimination in human bodily fluids of oesophageal transformation to adenocarcinoma
- CORINNA SLAWINSKI – Average cumulative relative dose (ACRD) of adjuvant chemotherapy is more important than average relative dose intensity (ARDI) for survival in colorectal cancer, with potential implications for treating patients with an elevated body mass index (BMI): an individual participant data (IPD) meta-analysis within the OCTOPUS consortium
- ADNAN TAIB – Is there seasonal variation in gallstone related admissions in England? A retrospective cohort study of 396 879 admissions
- SARAH HASSAN – Radiological patterns and timing of recurrence following complete cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy in patients with Colorectal Cancer Peritoneal Metastases
- NASRA ALAM – Association of body mass index with cancer mortality in patients with incident type 2 diabetes: a population-based study of adults in England
- JODIE MURDOCH – Elective hepato-pancreato-biliary cancer surgery during the “first peak” of the global sars-cov-2 pandemic: a single-centre European experience
- KAT PARMAR – Laparoscopy in Emergency General Surgery (The LEGS Study): NELA Database Analysis -Comparison of Outcomes in Laparoscopic versus Open Surgery
After the final presentation there will be a 10-15 minute video whilst the judges make their decision. The judges for both evenings are: David Jones, David van Dellen, Jonathan Epstein, Derek O’Reilly, Vincent Smyth, Gemma Faulkner.