Events & MeetingsBecome a member
Nuclear Cardiology – current clinical applications
Dr Parthi Arumugam
- Date: Thursday 18th March 2021 at 6.30 pm
- Venue: ALL MEETINGS WILL BE HELD VIA ZOOM
- Members £0.00
- Non Members £
This meeting is being subsidised by the Manchester Medical Society and is FREE for all to attend. You will be able to submit questions to the speaker during the event using the Q&A function on Zoom. The webinar will be recorded.
Register in advance for this webinar at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_m3yGUPxgRmK107OOiQMzeA
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. To create a free zoom account, visit www.zoom.us
Dr Parthiban Arumugam, Clinical Director and Nuclear Medicine Physician, Manchester University NHS FT
The talk will cover the basic principles of radionuclides, Role of Single Photon Emission CT (SPECT) and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) in CAD, assessment of infection/inflammation and in infiltrative cardiomyopathy.
- Basic principles of radionuclide imaging in cardiovascular diseases
- Current indications for SPECT and PET in coronary artery disease, myocardial infection, inflammation and infiltrative diseases.
- Diagnostic and prognostic value of SPECT and PET in coronary artery disease.