Events & MeetingsBecome a member
Hypodontia – ‘Cradle to the Grave’
- Date: Wednesday 6th November 2019 from 2.00-5.00 pm (Coffee & Registration from 1.30 pm)
- Venue: Manchester Dental Education Centre (MANDEC), Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester, M15 6FH
- Members from £0.00
- Non Members £25-60
Coffee and Registration
Annual General Meeting of the Section of Odontology
Theme: Paediatric perspective of hypodontia
Dr Vidya Srinivasan, Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry, University Dental Hospital of Manchester
Restorative Dentistry perspective of hypodontia
Professor Martin Ashley, Consultant and Honorary Professor in Restorative Dentistry and Oral Health, University Dental Hospital of Manchester
- To recognise the importance of multi-disciplinary management of patients with hypodontia.
- To appreciate the range in presentations of patients with hypodontia.
- To learn of current best practice regarding restoration of patients with hypodontia.
Oral surgery input to hypodontia
Mr Neil Patel, Senior Lecturer & Consultant Oral Surgeon, University Dental Hospital of Manchester
- Understanding how oral surgery can aid orthodontics in the management of hypodontia.
- Understanding how oral surgery can aid restorative rehabilitation in the management of hypodontia.
- Patient considerations prior to surgery.
The Orthodontic perspective in the treatment of hypodontia
Dr Mariyah Nazir, Consultant in Orthodontics, University Dental Hospital of Manchester
- To present how hypodontia impacts on the provision of orthodontic treatment.
- To detail the orthodontic treatment aspects of hypodontia.
- To discuss the interface between orthodontics and other dental specialties.