Events & MeetingsBecome a member
First put on your own mask and then help others!
- Date: Wednesday 16th October 2019 from 2.00-6.45 pm (Registration from 1.30 pm)
- Venue: Manchester Dental Education Centre (MANDEC), Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester, M15 6FH
- Members £0.00
- Non Members £
Registration & Coffee
Afternoon symposium and Presidential Address of Dr Shirley Remington entitled “Developing well-being for yourself and others”
Afternoon speakers include:
Professor Vicki Culpin, Professor of Organisational Behaviour, Ashridge Executive Education at Hult International Business School
“Sleep: The Wake up Call”
In this talk Professor Culpin will examine the consequences of poor sleep at the level of the individual, whether that be social and emotional, cognitive or physical effects, along with the major causes of poor quantity and quality of sleep. She will also discuss the effect of poor sleep at the organisational and societal level, and suggest some ways to address the issues arising.
- Understand the impact of poor quality and quantity of sleep on their own and colleagues cognitive, social and emotional and physical health.
- Be able to articulate the most frequent causes of poor sleep, and what may be done to address these issues.
- Understand the importance of this topic from an individual, organisational and societal perspective.