Events & MeetingsBecome a member
Anaesthesia outside of the operating theatre
- Date: Friday 24th April 2020 from 9.00 am -1.00 pm (Coffee & Registration from 8.30 am)
- Venue: Wrightington Conference Centre, Wrightington Hospital, Hall Lane, Appley Bridge, Wigan, WN6 9EP
- Members from £0.00
- Non Members £25-60
In light of the covid-19 coronavirus outbreak this meeting has been cancelled. We hope to re-arrange it in the future.
Registration & Coffee
Theme: Holistic Orthopaedic Surgery
Mr Anthony Clayson, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS FT
What’s New in Perioperative Medicine
Dr Daniel Conway, Visiting Professor, Manchester Metropolitan University Consultant in Anaesthesia and Critical Care Clinical Director Perioperative Medicine, Manchester University NHS FT
– Understanding the proposed FRCA syllabus in Perioperative Medicine and postgraduate learning in perioperaive medicine
– Enhanced recovery after surgery, latest developments
– Myocardial injury in non-cardiac surgery
Transfer, Retrieval and Repatriation Medicine; The Anaesthetist as a Flying Doctor
Dr Simon Forrington, Consultant in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Manchester University NHS FT (Wythenshawe); Medical Director for Capital Air Ambulance
– What is meant by Transfer & Retrieval Medicine (TRM)?
– What opportunities exist for the anaesthetist in TRM?
– How are international transfers undertaken?
– How are international transfers governed?
– What is it like to work as a Transfer Doctor?
– What training / courses and qualifications are available for aspiring TRM doctors?
Theme: Chronic Pain
Dr Hoo Kee Tsang, Regional Advisor in Pain Medicine and Quality Lead for Pain Medicine, Mersey