Events & MeetingsBecome a member
The Manchester Arena Attack – A Paediatric Perspective
- Date: Wednesday 25th April 2018 from 7.00-8.00 pm (Coffee & Registration from 6.30 pm)
- Venue: LT4 Stopford Building, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL
- Members from £0.00
- Non Members £5-12
Stopford Building location (No.79 on University Campus map)
Coffee and registration
Reviewing the impact of the bomb at Manchester Arena on children, their families and the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital.
Dr Rachel Jenner, Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine and Emergency Medicine Clinical Lead for Medicine 1 Clinical Service Unit, Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS FT
Miss Naomi Davis, Consultant Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon, Associate Clinical Head—Strategy, Clinical Lead North West Children’s Major Trauma Network, Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS FT and Honorary Clinical Lecturer, University of Manchester
- describing the types of patterns of injuries sustained by children in the Manchester Arena Attack
- Reviewing the hospital response both in the initial reception phase and subsequent surgical and rehabilitation requirements
- discussion of the psychological effects on staff and how to support ourselves and colleagues.