Events & MeetingsBecome a member
Manchester Paediatric Club Annual Meeting
- Date: Wednesday 10th October 2018, 9.00 am
- Venue: MANDEC (Manchester Dental Education Centre), Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester M15 6FH
- Members £0.00
- Non Members £
Members can book online –to request a login follow the link here.
Non-Members must complete booking form and send with payment
Registration & Coffee
RESEARCH AND AUDIT PRESENTATIONS (there will be a break mid-session)
PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS of Dr Robert Levy (Consultant Paediatrician, Rochdale)
Complexity within Paediatrics – a reflection
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE MPC (Club Members only)
LUNCH – which must be booked in advance – see booking form
Professor Jill Clayton-Smith, Honorary Professor in Medical Genetics, University of Manchester and Consultant Clinical Geneticist, North Western Regional Genetic Service
Update in DDD
Dr Majid Aziz, Consultant Neurologist, Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital
Dr Grace Vassallo, Consultant Neurologist, Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital
Dr Dipak Ram, Consultant Paediatric Neurologist, Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital
Inpatient management of known complex neurology patients
This talk will cover practical aspects of things to consider when a known complex neurology patients is admitted to hospital. Issues surrounding urgent neurological problems and medication-related issues will also be discussed. The aim of this talk is to equip paediatricians with practical day to day tips in managing these very complex children.
- To highlight management of urgent neurological issues in complex patients
- To improve understanding of medicines management in the context of paediatric neurology patients
- To improve awareness of clinical issues surrounding children who are known to have complex neurological needs.