Events & MeetingsBecome a member
Imaging in War
Lt Col Dr Mark Ballard
- Date: Thursday 17th May 2018 from 6.30-7.30 pm (Coffee & Registration from 6.00 pm)
- Venue: Chancellors Conference Centre, Moseley Road, Fallowfield, M14 6ZT
- Members from £0.00
- Non Members £0-12
Chancellors Conference Centre directions [please note the venue change from original publicity notification]
6.00 pm Coffee & Registration
Lt Col Dr Mark Ballard, Consultant Radiologist, University Hospital Birmingham NHS FT. He has recently returned from Camp Bastion as consultant radiologist and now combines his civilian and military clinical duties with the role of consultant advisor in radiology to the Army.
Dr Ballard will discuss the imaging modalities used on deployed operations with particular reference to the recent conflict in Afghanistan. He will discuss the role of ultrasound trauma and the optimisation of CT protocols. He will demonstrate typical injuries sustained in combat and frame his talk in a series of lessons that translate to his day to day practice in the UK.
- Understand the dual phase traumagram protocol, its limitations and mitigations for them.
- Understand the range and scope of injuries in blast.
- Understand the kinetics of tumble in ballistics and the implications in solid organ injury.
Buffet supper, places are limited and must be booked in advance.
We are grateful to Fujifilm UK Ltd for supporting this meeting.