Events & MeetingsBecome a member
Managed Clinical Networks
- Date: Wednesday 7th November 2018 at 2.00 pm (Coffee & registration from 1.30pm)
- Venue: MANDEC (Manchester Dental Education Centre), Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester M15 6FH
- Members from £0.00
- Non Members £25-60
The seminar will be interactive and conclude with a panel of speakers and Q&A.
Coffee and Registration
AGM of the Section of Odontology of the Manchester Medical Society
Chair: Professor Mike Pemberton
Professor Paul Coulthard, Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Honorary Consultant in Oral Surgery, University of Manchester NHS FT
The Greater Manchester Orthodontic Managed Clinical Network: Who we are and what we do
Dr Nicky Mandall, Consultant in Orthodontics, Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS FT
- To ensure an understanding of what an orthodontic MCN is and how it functions.
- To provide an update of the work carried out by the MCN to further develop understanding of clinical pathways
- To establish how we are communicating with patient and parents and providers to improve the quality and consistency of orthodontic provision across Greater Manchester.
DevoManc and the integration of health and social care: where are we at now
Lindsey Bowes, Senior Primary Care Manager (Dental) and Ben Squires, Head of Primary Care Operations
Primary Care at the heart of Dental Commissioning
Mohsan Ahmad, Chair of Greater Manchester Local Dental Network
1. Understand the Organisational structure of the Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership
2. How is Primary care central to Dental Commissioning in GM
3. Successes in GM by breaking through organisational barriers
To give an overview of the organisational structure at the GMHSCP, and how primary care providers have been given the opportunity to be at the forefront of commissioning. The support given to dentists to provide leadership in clinical excellence to improve primary care standards throughout GM.
Mrs Claire Stevens, Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry, University of Manchester NHS FT
Panel discussion on Managed Clinical Networks (all speakers involved)