Events & MeetingsBecome a member
- Date: 2017-09-27
- Venue: Manchester Dental Education Centre (MANDEC), Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester, M15 6FH
- Members £0
- Non Members £25-60
Registration & Coffee
Annual General Meeting of the Section of Psychiatry
What’s new in the treatment of bipolar disorder?
Dr David Cousins, MRC Clinical Scientist and Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist, Newcastle University
Adjunctive Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS) for treatment-resistant depression – a better long-term treatment than any available medications?
Dr Maxine Dibué-Adjei, Neuromodulation HCP Marketing Manager, LivaNova PLC, Germany
- Dr Dibué-Adjei will cover the mechanisms of action of VNS, the existing literature as well as some practical aspects.
- attendees should be able to explain to a patient or peer what VNS is and how it works
- understand which patients are eligible for VNS therapy
- have clear understanding of expectable treatment effects and side effects of VNS therapy.
Choosing between different antidepressants
Dr Peter S Talbot, Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist, University of Manchester